Examples of how we invest your generous gift:
- $5,000 – One year of classroom supplies for our school visits
- $2,500 – One month of pupae for our Butterfly Garden
- $1,000 – A season of Butterflies@5 performances by local cultural organizations
- $750 – Volunteer Recognition Dinner expenses
- $500 – Open Lab supplies for four months
- $250 – Two months of food for our live animal collection
- $100 – 10 free museum admissions for underprivileged youth
Buying a new car? Getting rid of an old one? Selling isn’t your only option. We’ve teamed up with Donate for Charity to make donating your vehicle easy. It’s a win for all: you get a minimum $500 tax deduction (or higher, depending on what your car sells for), and Science Museum of Western Virginia receives the net proceeds to support our programs.
By donating your car, you’ll avoid the headache of selling a used vehicle. Whether the vehicle is running or not, Donate For Charity can help process the donation. We certainly appreciate our donors considering this option as a way to help support our cause. You can either click on the link provided: Vehicle Donation Form or call Donate For Charity directly at (866) 392-4483.
Other ways to support us:
Save: Use your Kroger Plus Shopper’s Card to help the Science Museum each time you shop-Register your card TODAY! Simply register online at https://www.kroger.com/communityrewards. Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and enroll in the Community Rewards Program after you sign up.
Shop: When you shop at AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to Science Museum Of Western Virginia. Bookmark this link and support us every time you shop.