Thank you for your support.
Your donation is used to support the Science Museum’s mission of making science and technology accessible to all individuals. Donations come in all shapes and sizes and we appreciate your help.
Examples of how we invest your generous gift:
- $10 covers the admission for 1 underprivileged child
- $50 provides 1 month of creative materials for visitors to use in the MakerLab
- $100 feeds the animals in our Living River exhibit for a month
- $250 covers the cost for an underprivileged child to attend one of our Summer Camp programs
- $1000 can significantly help cover the costs to update our exhibit collection
Donate to the Museum for free!
Smilematic is a free Chrome extension the automatically turns your everyday Amazon purchases into AmazonSmile donations! This plug-in will automatically re-direct you to smile.amazon.com (exactly the same as amazon.com) and when you complete you purchase, 0.5% of the cost is donated to the Science Museum. It costs nothing, and has all the benefit.
- Download the plug-in here
- That’s it! When you go to amazon.com, the plug-in will automatically re-direct you and you will be donating when you make your purchase at no additional cost!
Install Smilematic to raise money for Science Museum Of Western Virginia whenever you shop at Amazon!
Donate items you’re throwing away:
Buying a new car? Getting rid of an old one? Selling isn’t your only option. We’ve teamed up with Donate for Charity to make donating your vehicle easy. It’s a win for all: you get a minimum $500 tax deduction (or higher, depending on what your car sells for), and Science Museum of Western Virginia receives the net proceeds to support our programs.
By donating your car, you’ll avoid the headache of selling a used vehicle. Whether the vehicle is running or not, Donate For Charity can help process the donation. We certainly appreciate our donors considering this option as a way to help support our cause. You can either click on the link provided: Vehicle Donation Form or call Donate For Charity directly at (866) 392-4483.