About The Parakeet Garden
The Parakeet Garden is an immersive parakeet exhibit. Guests will enter our garden and be able to feed and closely interact with over 250 parakeets!
We would like to give a special thanks to our Art Director, Ron Sachs. He has brought to life a beautiful scenic fountain for the parakeets to enjoy. His inspiration was Roanoke’s beautiful mountain landscape that can be viewed as you look out the windows. The Parakeet Garden is located at the Science Museum of Western Virginia on the 5th floor of the Center in the Square building.
Pricing & Hours:
Tickets are available to purchase on our website, at the box office in Center In The Square and the front desk at the Science Museum of Western Virginia.
***Please note when purchasing tickets taxes and fees apply.***
- Members: Additional $3 for admission, $1.50 per feeding.
- Non-Members: Additional $4 for admission, $2 per feeding.
- Non-Contracting Group Rate: Additional $3 for admission & feeding.
- The Parakeet Garden Only (non-members only): $6 for admission, $2 per feeding.
The Parakeet Garden Membership
- Individual: $75
- Family: (2 adults & 4 children) $115
- SMWV Membership add on: $25
The Parakeet Garden Hours:
- 10:00am – 3:00pm Tuesday through Saturday
- 1:00pm – 4:00pm Sunday
- Closed for lunch hour 12:00pm – 1:00pm
***Please note entrance into the parakeet garden is guided therefore you must reserve your time prior to entering. Please call us for questions regarding availability (540) 342-5710***
Sponsor A Parakeet:
You can sponsor a parakeet today for $65!
- Name a parakeet of your choice.
- Be sure to be specific with the color of the bird and distinct features you wish to sponsor. We will have a permanent display in the entry way of The Parakeet Garden of all the birds who have been sponsored.
- The sponsorship fee goes towards keeping our newest family members happy and healthy. Including things such as vet care, feeding and enrichment.
- Includes free feeding token.
- Certificate of sponsorship includes a photo of your parakeet and will be available to pick up at the front desk.