Science Museum of Western Virginia
The Hidden Garden
The Hidden Garden exhibit explores horticulture, teaching students and adults about the processes and factors influencing plant growth and the fundamentals of gardening. This exhibit aims to provide visitors with the tools and skills necessary to grow healthy food for consumption in their own homes and gardens.
Due to this change in vision for the garden, there are no more butterflies in the garden as of February 2019.
- Observe a variety of methods of growing plants, vegetables, fruits and herbs
- Highlighting sustainable agriculture
- Introduce solutions to help residents who live in food deserts
- Promote environmental awareness and provide community education
- Explore hydroponic set-ups and learn how to build your own for your home or garden