Finish the Race Before You Start!
Runners, click here for your time traveled or
click here for your actual run time!
On November 6, 2016 at 1:50 am, the Science Museum of Western Virginia will present the 3rd Annual Time Traveler Pi-Miler Race. We take advantage of the Daylight Savings change so runners and walkers are guaranteed a personal record. It’s the only race in Roanoke where you go backwards in time. The unique distance and time support the M in the Science Museum’s STEM initiatives and demonstrate how much fun you can have with math and science!
The ultimate finish line for this race is to raise funds for the Science Museum of Western Virginia, which allows us to continue making science and technology education available and accessible to children and adults throughout western Virginia. Your support is helping the museum to change and grow into one of the foremost science centers in the area.
Be a race sponsor and get your name/logo on the race t-shirt, website, and promotional materials, plus complimentary race registrations. For more details about sponsorships, click here or contact Sarah Van Zele, Marketing and Development Manager at 540.342.5718 or email@example.com.
Early Bird Registration $25 (July 1 – October 22)
Regular Registration $30 (October 22 – November 4)
Race Day Registration $35 (Available at packet pick-up and at the race)
T-shirts guaranteed for Early Bird registrants ONLY. All others will be distributed on a first come-first served basis.
Age brackets for the race include, for both male and female:
Under 10; 10-15; 16-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69;70+
The top 3 overall male and female finishers will receive awards and the top 3 finishers in each age group will also receive an award to recognize their achievement.
- Packet Pick Up will be at Runabout Sports on Friday, Nov. 4 and Saturday, Nov. 5
Runabout Sports is located at 4600 Brambleton Ave in Roanoke. Packet pick up will be there from 3pm-6pm on Friday and from 10am-2pm on Saturday. We will also have a late packet pick up prior to the race, starting at 1 am.
- Parking will be in the gravel lot off of Reserve Ave. For those who are not familiar with the area, you should be able to use 210 Reserve Ave SW, Roanoke, VA 24016 to locate it on maps.
- Race starts at 1:50 a.m. at River’s Edge Sports Complex and timing will be provided by Run Roanoke LLC.
- The route will be the same as the previous year–from the River’s Edge Sports Complex along the Roanoke River Greenway to Wasena Park and back.
- Bring your headlamps, flashlights, reflective and glowing gear. A light source is mandatory. You must have at least a headlamp or flashlight. It is recommended that you try your choice of light source under similar conditions prior to running the race, but keep in mind that the greenways are closed after 11 pm.
PLEASE NOTE: Headlamps, flashlights, and any other light source will not be provided by race management.
Like us on Facebook for more details!
Special Thanks to All of Our Sponsors: