Date(s) - Sunday, November 5th, 2017
1:00 AM - 3:00 AM
Thank you everyone for helping to make the 2017 Time Traveler Pi-Miler Race a success!
Click here for your time traveled.
Click here for your race time.
On November 5, 2017 at 1:50 am, the Science Museum of Western Virginia will present the 4th Annual Time Traveler Pi-Miler Race. It’s the only race in Roanoke where you go backwards in time. The unique distance and time support the M in the Science Museum’s STEM initiatives and demonstrate how much fun you can have with math and science!
The ultimate finish line for this race is to raise funds for the Science Museum of Western Virginia, which allows us to continue making science and technology education available and accessible to children and adults throughout western Virginia. Your support is helping the museum to change and grow into one of the foremost science centers in the area.
For those who prefer to run in daylight, we will be offering a virtual option. In 2017, you will be able to “Run on Your Own Time!” Registration will be $20 and all registrants will receive a 3.14 magnet. The magnets will also be for sale for our IRL runners.
Be a race sponsor and get your name/logo on the race t-shirt, website, and promotional materials, plus complimentary race registrations. For more details about sponsorships, contact Sarah Van Zele, Marketing and Development Manager at 540.342.5718 or email@example.com.
Online pre-registration is closed. Race Registration will be available prior to the race.
Early Bird Registration $25 (July 1 – October 21)
Regular Registration $30 (October 22 – November 3)
Race Day Registration $35 (Available at packet pick-up and at the race)
T-shirts guaranteed for Early Bird registrants ONLY. All others will be distributed on a first come-first served basis.
Run on Your Own Time $20 (July 1-November 4) Not a night owl? Register for our virtual option and receive a 3.14 magnet.
Age brackets for the race include, for both male and female:
Under 10; 10-15; 16-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69;70+
The top 3 overall male and female finishers will receive awards and the top 3 finishers in each age group will also receive an award to recognize their achievement.
- Packet Pick Up will be at Runabout Sports on Friday, Nov. 3 and Saturday, Nov. 4
Runabout Sports is located at 4600 Brambleton Ave in Roanoke. Packet pick up will be there from 3pm-6pm on Friday and from 10am-2pm on Saturday. We will also have a late packet pick up prior to the race, starting at 1 am.
- Parking will be in the gravel lot off of Reserve Ave. For those who are not familiar with the area, you should be able to use 210 Reserve Ave SW, Roanoke, VA 24016 to locate it on maps.
- Race starts at 1:50 a.m. at River’s Edge Sports Complex and timing will be provided by Run Roanoke LLC.
- The route will be the same as the previous year–from the River’s Edge Sports Complex along the Roanoke River Greenway to Wasena Park and back.
- Bring your headlamps, flashlights, reflective and glowing gear. A light source is mandatory. You must have at least a headlamp or flashlight. It is recommended that you try your choice of light source under similar conditions prior to running the race, but keep in mind that the greenways are closed after 11 pm.
PLEASE NOTE: Headlamps, flashlights, and any other light source will not be provided by race management.