From time to time, the Science Museum of Western Virginia will post job vacancies and volunteer & intern opportunities. Please check back regularly for updates.
PART TIME EDUCATOR
Calling all educators! Do you prefer hands-on learning experiences? Are you interested in informal learning environments? If so, the Science Museum of Western Virginia is looking for you. The Museum is currently seeking a part-time educator to plan, organize, implement, and lead various educational programs. This position will also be responsible for developing activities and other duties as assigned by the Education Manager. As a part-time educator, one can expect an average of 25 hours a week with seasonal variability. Night and weekend hours may be required for special events and programs. For more information, click HERE for a full job description.
VISITOR SERVICES ASSOCIATE
The Science Museum of Western Virginia seeks an outgoing, reliable individual to join our Visitor Services department. This individual will be responsible for greeting visitors to the Museum, selling admission tickets, memberships, and store merchandise, as well as providing information on programs, events, and general information. This is a regular part time position that is flexibly scheduled to meet business needs with an average weekly requirement of 20 hours. Some weekends are required for this position.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure that each Museum visitor receives outstanding customer service by providing a friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every visitor, answering questions, maintaining outstanding standards, and thorough exhibit knowledge along with all other components of customer service.
- Complete general and group admission sales, as well as up-selling membership and educational programming (including planetarium shows when appropriate and available.).
- Administer the Museum’s Visitor Service daily activities to include cash, group, membership sales, and accurate closing reports that balance back to the daily sales cash report.
- Be proficient in emergency and evacuation procedures and able to evacuate the Museum in a calm and efficient manner.
- Execute all opening and closing procedures for the museum and its exhibits.
- Clean exhibits after daily usage.
- Complete payroll/reimbursement sheets and purchase order requests as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma and background or interest in customer service, hospitality, and/or science. Retail and/or customer service experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient with Windows based programs
- Strong customer service skills
- Public speaking skills (greeting groups on occasion)
- Works well with variety of personalities
- Receives instructions with a positive attitude
- Highly organized, flexible, and detail-oriented
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to resolve customer issues while keeping one’s composure
- Ability to meet established deadlines, and flexibility to respond to changing priorities
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to represent the Museum in a professional, ethical manner in all circumstances
- Appropriate attire is required at all times. (Business casual or professional dress is considered appropriate.)
- Must be able to work weekends and occasional evenings for special events.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the following will be required:
- Use hands to touch, manipulate, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear,
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision and ability to focus vision,
- Read documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals,
- Perform repetitive motions up to 60% of time using a keyboard & mouse,
- Lift/carry up to 25 pounds unassisted,
- Walk, reach, lift, carry and bend frequently, as well as stand and/or sit for long periods of time at a computer, visitor counter, and cash register,
- Ability to hear and speak to visitors, members, volunteers, staff, and emergency responders on the phone and in person, as well as hear and respond to emergency broadcasts.
- Navigate stairs to the fifth floor and other areas of the property to accomplish tasks and provide assistance in an emergency situation.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates with the above prerequisites are invited to submit their resumes along with a cover letter outlining their related experience and background to Sara Guerry, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The email subject line must say: Visitor Services Associate
Please, no phone calls.
Can you devote a few hours a week to interpret our exhibits for Science Museum visitors? Can you devote a few hours a month? Any time you have will help visitors enjoy and learn from this unique experience. Immediate need exists. Paid parking is provided. We will train you. Sign up TODAY through our volunteer page.