DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING
The Science Museum of Western Virginia, expecting new growth in exhibits and programs, is seeking an energetic professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and attention to detail.
- Direct and coordinate all Science Museum fundraising appeals, programs, special events, grant applications and record-keeping.
- Create and administer fund-raising programs activities while ensuring that the organization operates within the board-approved budget.
- Devote significant time to writing to and meeting with donors.
- Plan & implement marketing and public relations strategies for all Museum programs.
- Supervise full & part-time staff & volunteers as needed.
The director of development & marketing reports to the executive director and also maintains strong communications with the Board of Trustees and donors.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, marketing or nonprofit management, with at least 2-4 years’ experience in fundraising/development.
- Demonstrated ability to write successful proposals and plan & implement special events.
- Demonstrates understanding of nonprofits, including legal fund-raising techniques and donor research.
- Computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office suite.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include support for health and dental insurance, paid holidays, and vacation and sick leave.
Send Resume as Email Attachment To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address Cover Letter To:Jim Rollings, Executive Director Science Museum of Western Virginia One Market Square, SE Roanoke, VA 24011
Application Period Closes December 5, 2014.
From time to time, the Science Museum of Western Virginia will post job vacancies and volunteer & intern opportunities. Please check back regularly for updates.